“Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose.”
-Lyndon B. Johnson
1. First Things First, SMILE.
In the midst of what seems chaos around the world, choose to be positive! Perspective is so important. The way we view our circumstances can effect our mood and even outcomes. I challenge all of you reading to think of 3 things you’re thankful for each day. These little decisions to remain positive will go a long way. Above all, let’s all choose to be positive this season!
2. Stay Cozy
Since we are all at home for the foreseeable future, you may as well stay comfortable and stylish. Comfort is key. No one wants to sit at home uncomfortable…or anywhere for that matter. Men, we’ve got the solution. Cuts Clothing offers some great staple options every man needs in their closet. When you look good, you feel good. Even at home! Once again, here’s a small way to boost your spirits and remain positive! Listed below are links to achieve this comfy look at home!
- Tan Cut’s Clothing LONG Sleeve Top
- Tan Cut’s Clothing SHORT Sleeve Top
- Men’s Joggers
- Men’s Adidas Ultraboost 19
3. Binge-Worthy Shows/Movies
This is basically stay-at-home 101! A good Netflix series is essential in not losing your sanity on those long days inside. Here are a few favorite and totally binge worthy shows…
- Virgin River – (SO GOOD. There’s only 1 season, so it’s any easy binge)
- Happy Merry Whatever – (Light, funny and easy to watch)
- The Resident
- Dirty John
- The Crown
- Schitt’s Creek
- Suits – (This one has tons of seasons and will definitely hook you)
4. Warm Beverage
Nothing screams cozy more than holding a warm mug full of your favorite beverage. This could be coffee, tea or even hot coa-coa! Not a warm beverage person? Try another option. Look up new ways to get creative with your drinks! Whether thats a new cocktail or fruit infused detox water… now’s the time to try it! If you happen to feel under the weather, try the recipe listed below! Similarly, this is an at-home way to make Starbucks famous “Medicine Ball” tea.
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup lemonade
- Citrus mint tea bag (1) (such as Tazo Zen or Teavana Jade Citrus Mint™ Green Tea)
- Peach-flavored tea bag (1) (such as Celestial Seasonings Country Peach Passion)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- A drop peppermint extract (optional)
- Lemon slices, for serving
- First of all, bring the water and lemonade to a simmer in a small saucepan. Remove from the heat and add the tea bags. Cover and steep for 3 minutes.
- Discard the tea bags, add the honey, and stir until dissolved. Add peppermint extract, if desired. Finally, divide the tea between 2 mugs and serve immediately with a thin slice of lemon.
5. Get Outside
Most importantly, fresh air and a change of scenery are great ways to remain positive. You’ll be surprised how staying active and getting that heart rate pumping can effect your mood! While majority of the world seems stuck, ever underestimate the simple pleasure of being outside.